## Face Masks made in our own UK factory and shipped from the UK ##
This special mask is made from a quilted blend of cotton and bamboo offering exceptional filtration. The inner layer is microfiber, treated with a special antimicrobial Silver ion treatment. This lasts a lifetime and restricts bacteria growth in the fabric that causes unpleasant odours caused by sweating. This keeps the mask fresh and pleasant to wear. However, the main benefit is that 99.9% of all bacteria is killed during the wash cycle, even at low temperature - for this reason the treatment is widely used in medical garments.
The sides of our face mask contour your face and provides coverage under the eyes and over the chin so the mask does not ride upwards and obscure your sight. This style is more insulated due to the extra coverage.
We recommend buying two masks so you can wear one and wash one.
- Outside filter layer of a quilted bamboo cotton blend. Inside one layer of microfiber treated with antimicrobial Silver ions to restrict bacteria growth when worn and kill 99.9% of bacteria during every wash cycle.
- Light, airy and comfortable to wear.
- Straps are made from 3mm cord elastic as used on NHS masks and are light, strong and comfortable.
- Each strap is approx 32cm long (untied). They are packed UNTIED so you can adjust to fit your face.
- Can be worn with glasses.
- This mask does not have a nose wire.
- Female model is wearing size medium and male model is wearing size large.
Our masks are not medical masks.
Wearing a cloth face mask helps:
1) By blocking at least 50% of airborne droplets from being inhaled.
2) By stopping the wearer from touching their own mouths and noses.
3) Protects other people from you.
4) Keeping medical masks available for the people who really need them.
Our masks are steamed prior to packing - one mask per sealed plastic bag.
We regret we are unable to offer any refund or exchanges for face masks unless they are faulty, not as described or the individual package has not been opened.
We are UK VAT registered and all orders are shipped with a VAT invoice.
This not a medical mask. If you require a medical grade mask DO NOT buy this mask. We make NO CLAIMS that these masks will protect you from Coronavirus (COVID19). DO NOT put this mask onto children under 2 years old.
- Hand wash in warm water using a soap or detergent and then rinse out thoroughly in fresh clean water. If you prefer to machine wash then keep the temperature to a maximum of 40 degrees C and use a good detergent.
- DO NOT wash without tightly knotting the elastic straps.
- Reshape the mask after washing and before drying, this stops shrinkage.
- DO NOT wring or twist to dry. Ideally hang it and allow it to drip dry naturally. Can be tumble dried on a medium setting.
- Iron at a low temperature if required, but don't iron the elastic.
- Cleaning your mask won’t change a thing if you don’t store it properly. Once you have a clean mask, put it in a closed plastic container or a new plastic bag by itself.
- If you want to go the extra mile, write or stick a note with details about when you last cleaned the mask and the method you used. This will prevent cross-contamination and you’ll be able to tell for sure if the mask is safe to use or not.
In between short term uses or if washing a mask is not an option, here is what you could do:
Spray the mask (BOTH inside and out) to saturate with either 60% ethanol/ethyl alcohol (or greater percentage), or 70% isopropanol/isopropyl alcohol (or greater). Allow to air dry. This assumes that you have alcohol available in a spray bottle.
To fit around your ears, we suggest you adjust to fit in steps:
- Tie the first knot so it is obviously going to be too big. Try it on.
- Tie another knot a little smaller. Try it on.
- Repeat the process until the mask feels comfortable. Wear it for about 5 minutes to be sure. Do not cut excess elastic yet.
- When you are sure of the fit, tighten the last knot, then cut off the excess ends.
- Pull the knot into the fabric, so it is hidden.
To wear with the straps around the back of your head:
- Cut our knots off as close to the knot as possible.
- Tie the ends together: top strap to top strap, bottom strap to bottom strap.
- Try it on. If it is too loose, do not untie your first knot. Tie a new knot, a little tighter, then try on.
- Repeat the process until the mask feels comfortable. Wear it for about 5 minutes to be sure.
- When you are sure tighten the last knot, then cut off the excess ends.
If you want to change the elastic or the elastic comes out DO NOT try to push it back through. Use some wire with a blunt end (clothes hanger wire is perfect), push the wire through first and use it to PULL the wire back through. Much easier and quicker!
If for any reason you destroy the elastic completely, send us a message and we will post you replacements FOC.
Returns & Exchanges
We regret we are unable to offer any refund or exchanges for face masks unless they are faulty or the packet has not been opened at all.
We are making these masks as quickly as we can, with only a skeleton staff working for their safety, so please allow 3 working days from date of order to us posting out your order.
All orders are dispatched from our UK factory.