The fact that we make our own products in our own factory means you really can't get any more environmentally friendly products. This is why:
- We pack all our products into 100% recyclable paper bags that are FSC certified.
- We are moving away from plastic mail bags, as we use up stocks, and will be replacing them with either boxes that are second hand (when available) or from new recyclable card/paper packaging.
- None of our products are imported half way round the world in massive gas guzzling, pollution emitting cargo ships. We make them here in the UK.
- We make products as they are ordered, we do not mass produce anything. That means if we don't sell many of a certain print or size then it makes no difference. They won't be sold off cheap and they won't end up in landfill.
- We offer recycled fabrics where possible. This is made from waste plastic which would have ended up in landfill. This fabric is fantastic but is not suitable for every occasion, which is why we offer a choice of fabrics.
- Making to order means less waste from production. It means less energy usage in our factory and more efficient use of the fabrics.
- British-made goods are highly respected around the world for being produced in a country with limited facilities but incredibly high working standards, workers rights, and health and safety laws.
- Our factory is partially powered by solar energy and staff are encouraged to car share to work whenever possible.
- Plastic bottles are discouraged in work and all staff have their own re-usable drinking bottles.
More about our recycled fabric:
We are offering our customers a high end recycled fabric made of ECONYL® yarn - a 100% regenerated nylon yarn derived from pre and post industrial waste such as discarded fishing nets, carpet fluff (the top part of Nylon carpets which have got to the end of their useful life), tulle etc.
All such materials, once they have reached the end of their useful life, instead of being disposed of in landfill, are recovered and regenerated by means of a complex chemical-physical process. This produces fabric of the highest quality with minimal environmental impact.